Information helps make conservation happen
At WWF Greece, we rely on the generosity and support of individuals like you to carry out our vital conservation work. That is why we want to be completely transparent about why we need the personal details we request when you engage with us and how we will use them.
As you browse our website and whenever you communicate with us, we collect information. It deepens our understanding of what works and what does not, which helps make our communications more effective. The more we understand about our supporters and the people we engage with, the more efficiently we are able to operate and the more funds we can direct into conservation.
We take protecting your privacy very seriously and will always take all reasonable steps within our power to make sure your information is safe.
‘Personal information’ is information, or a combination of pieces of information, that could reasonably allow you to be identified.
Please read this policy carefully, to understand how and why we collect, use and store your personal information.
You can generally visit the WWF Greece websites without us requiring your personal data. Personal data are acquired only if you provide us with the data, for example, when you sign up as a supporter, purchase products with the Organization’s logo, participate in a survey or a contract.
The processing of the personal data of the users of the website is governed by the following terms and conditions, the relevant provisions of the applicable personal data protection legislation for personal data protection, instructions and regulatory acts of the Personal Data Protection Authority.
1. Data Collection and Processing
Accountable for the collection and processing of your personal data when and where these are collected through this Web Site is the Charitable Organization, “World Wide Fund for Nature Greece”, Telephone: +30210 3314 893, email: email@example.com [hereinafter referred to as “WWF Greece”].
2. General Terms and Conditions of Personal Data Protection
The processing of your personal data is confidential and WWF Greece receives all reasonable technical and other means to ensure the confidentiality of such processing. WWF Greece and / or third-party processing personnel, that have been contracted by WWF Greece and process the data on its behalf, are subject to compliance with the relevant confidentiality obligations contained in the relevant contracts, with specific access to your personal data.
As a visitor to this Site, you will remain anonymous. The data we store and analyze are used only for statistical purposes, indicatively in order to continually improve our Website and its content. The data stored in our records is the name of the Internet provider you use, the web browser from which you visited the WWF Greece website, the individual pages of the website you were browsing, your IP address and the date and the duration of your browsing on the Site.
3. What data do we collect and process?
- Personal information such as your full name, address, e-mail address and phone number (mobile and / or fixed).
- Country of residence and language
- Date of birth
- Bank account, debit / credit card information and payment information
- Information from purchases and transactions made from our e-shop
- Information provided to us by your participation in a contest
- Information provided to us by your participation in a survey
- Contact information with you either by phone, email, social media or in any other way
- Telephone records, including recording your call, your phone number, and the duration of the call
- Information that may be collected automatically by your computer software, such as IP address, operating system, browser type, and other technical information
4. Purpose of processing
The purpose of processing your personal data collected through this site is as follows:
ii. Regarding the personal data transmitted by you in the context of sending your CV to find a job at WWF Greece:
The minimum necessary processing of these data for the assessment of your CV and whether or not it is relevant to the particular WWF Greece job, for which staff are sought, as well as the defense of the interests of WWF Greece.
Once your consent has been received, WWF Greece will store your CV data for future use / evaluation purposes in case of new jobs at WWF Greece. Unless your consent has been obtained, your CV after the relevant job position for which you have sent this note will be deleted unless WWF Greece is legally entitled or required to maintain it.
iii. The following actions related to our purposes and our presence on the Internet:
- To create an account for you to offer personalized services that take into account your wishes and preferences
- In order to ensure that our websites will work the most effectively on all your devices
- To send you news and information about our actions so that you can evaluate our work and enable you to actively participate in the protection of the environment
- To send you news from our online store in order to know about any offers and suggestions for products that may be of interest to you personally
- In order to comply with our obligations under a contract with you (usually donated or traded) and comply with the obligations imposed by law
- To invite you to engage in interactive activities through our website
- In order to invite you to participate in competitions that we organize and then to contact you when you participate in the contest
- In order to ask you to participate in surveys we are organizing
- To store information about your preferences, which will be used to receive news and information based on these preferences
- To contact you to resolve disputes that may have arisen between us
- To satisfy any legitimate interests of ours
- Exceptionally in the following cases: (i) when we are subject to legal provisions, (ii) when necessary to establish, exercise or defend our rights and our legitimate interests, and (iii) when it is necessary to preserve your vital interests or the vital interests of any other natural person. The legal basis for the processing may vary at any time but is usually summarized in one of the following: (i) compliance with a contractual obligation between us, (ii) where there are legitimate interests that do not conflict with your rights, (iii) where you have given us your free and explicit consent and (iv) where we have the legal obligation to collect and process your personal data (e.g., tax law obligation).
5. Method of Data Collection
Your personal data is collected with your free consent or to execute a contract you have entered into with us (usually a gift or a buy-sell). In different areas of the site, you may be asked to provide your consent to create an account, purchase a product or subscribe to a contact list to receive news and information about our actions.
Your personal data that will be collected and the reasons for it will be explained to you in a clear, clear and comprehensible way where you are asked to provide us with your consent for their collection and processing.
6. Data Storage Time
Your personal data will only be stored for as long as necessary for the above purposes, as described in detail, or for as long as may be required by a legal obligation (e.g. tax legislation).
In the event that this reasonable period expires, your personal data will be anonymized and used for statistical purposes only.
7. Recipients of the Data
Recipients of the data for:
- Information that WWF Greece is obliged or entitled to notify by contract, law, court and regulatory decision may be: public and independent administrative authorities, judicial authorities and civil servants
- All the data necessary for the achievement of any particular processing purpose: the Management Team and the related sectors of WWF Greece.
WWF Greece will not disclose, assign, exchange, grant, transmit or otherwise dispose without your consent to third parties, natural or legal persons, your personal data, except in the cases referred to above within the scope of mandatory national laws.
8. Data Security
WWF Greece applies the most optimal technical and organizational security measures to protect your data, which we manage against inadvertent or deliberate manipulation, loss or destruction and against unauthorized access. Our security measures are continually improving in line with technological progress. WWF Greece saves information related to data protection only to insured systems located in Greece. Only a few authorized persons and persons committed to improving data protection involved in technical, administrative or editorial supervision of data can access this data.
9. Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
Under data protection laws, you have various rights over your personal data. If you would like to exercise any of these rights then please contact us. You have the right to:
- Access Your Personal Data
- You have the right to request access to your personal data, commonly known as a ‘subject access request’. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request Correction of Your Personal Data
- You can request that we correct the personal data we hold about you. This enables you to have an incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, although note that we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request Deletion of Your Personal Data
- You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances. Please note however that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal data but we are legally required or entitled to retain it.
- Object to Processing of Your Personal Data or Request Restriction
- Where we are processing your data under the legitimate interest condition, then you may object to this processing, or request that the processing is restricted, if there is something about your particular situation, which makes you, want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it affects your fundamental rights and freedoms. Note that there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your personal data but we are legally required or entitled to continue to processing your personal data and/or to refuse your request.
- In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have a compelling legitimate ground to process your information, which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request Transfer of Your Personal Data
- In certain circumstances, you are able to request a transfer of your data from one service provided to another, such as from one service provider to a competitor.
- Withdraw Consent
- Where we have asked you for consent to process your data, you may withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us Please note however that we may still be entitled to process your personal data if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so
From these data, profiles for use are created with a pseudonym. Cookies or pixel tags may be used. This data is collected anonymously for use for marketing and optimization purposes. All visitor data is stored using an anonymous user ID and can be grouped into a user profile. Cookies can be used to collect and store these data, but the data remains strictly anonymous. The data will not be used for personal identification of a visitor and will not be collected together with personal data. Data collection and storage can be discarded at any time for subsequent services.
The pixel tags, web beacons, GIF, or similar tools (all hereinafter referred to as “pixel tags”) are used to measure the volume of use of a web page and the statistical increase in response rates. Pixel tags allow us to measure users who visit specific pages of a website, perform our branded services, and help us calculate and optimize our performance or our sites.
Data collected through etracker technologies is not used to personally identify the visitor to the site and is not consolidated with personal data regarding the bearer’s alias without the explicit and explicit consent of the person. Collection and storage of data may at any time be effective in the future.
11. Hyperlinks and Re-Direction
Any links to this site through links and hyperlinks, banners to any other website do not imply that WWF Greece assumes any responsibility for the policy that is being followed in this Website regarding the protection of personal data.
12. Under Age Users
WWF Greece restricts the use of this Site only to adult users. Furthermore, WWF Greece intends not to collect personal data of minors who may have access to its website in violation of the above. However, as this is not feasible for WWF Greece to ensure / confirm that any minor users of the site who transmit their personal data to WWF Greece are obliged and expected to have received the consent of their parental care or their potential commissioners. Adults are required to exercise proper supervision of minors under their responsibility when browsing the web on the Internet and in particular on this Site.
This policy was last updated in May 2018. It was re-worded to give you further information about how we collect, use and store your personal data, and to reflect the changes in law as set out in the General Data Protection Regulation and to give you more clarity on how we use your data, and your rights in relation to it.
WWF Greece may at any time modify these privacy terms and conditions in any applicable law, and any amendment will be effective from posting it on this Site.
14. Contact Us
If you have any queries or you might want to exercise your rights regarding the processing of your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In case you are not satisfied with how we process your personal data and how we serve you to exercise your rights then you have the right to address a complaint or a complaint to the relevant competent supervisory authority:
Hellenic Data Protection Authority (HDPA)
Postal Address: Data Protection Authority Offices: Kifissias 1-3, 115 23 Athens, Greece
Call Centre: +30210 6475 600
Fax: +30210 6475 628
Our Data Protection Officer supervises all relevant issues in our organization, to which you can apply for any questions, clarifications, complaints and requests:
Data Protection Officer for WWF Greece
Mr. Fotis Paraskevopoulos
Postal Address: WWF Greece Main Office: Lempesi 21, 117 43 Athens, Greece
Call Centre: +30210 3314 893
Fax: +30210 3247 578